Every business, especially small and medium size businesses should have a fully functional Facebook page. However having a page is not just a simple as it seems every Facebook Page needs to be optimized for success especially when looking to undergo serious Facebook Marketing. The steps to optimizing your Facebook page are as follows:
· Understand the difference between your Profile and your Page– Your profile is your personal space on Facebook where you add your friends and you can interact with them, you can only have 5000 friends. A Page on the other hand is where people can click like and become fans of your business and there are no limits to these, you must have a page to run Facebook ads, you can’t run ads on a Profile Page
· Link your Facebook page and your Facebook Profile– In the about section of your Profile, you can select places you have worked. You can click edit your work and you’re able to add your work, in places, you select your Facebook Business page and enter your position. When someone goes on your page and they hover over your work, they can be taken to your Facebook Business page.
· Have a Well-designed Cover Photo– Every business should have a cover photo and use your cover photo to tell others who you are and what you’re about. You can show sample of your products or even promotions you are running at the time. The ideal specs for your cover photo should be 851*315 pixels. Your profile photo will cover a part of your cover photo, the lower left corner so this part needs to be kept clear to avoid covering any information.
· Name your Page– This is important, your Page name should be your business name, not your personal name and this should tell your clients and potential clients who you are.
· Enter information in about section– Your about section has different categories, and you need to full out these categories. The about section is indexed by Google so you will want to use Keywords in here. You can add certain links to different pages and websites you have in this about section as well. However you need to spend enough time and flesh out your about section.
· Ensure your Private Messaging added– This will allow people to contact you, if you have messaging turned off, then go to settings and general, click messages edit and then click turn on. You need to ensure that you constantly check this section.
Once you have your page optimized then you are ready to start generating traffic to it, also with a highly optimized page then you can now start engaging in Facebook Marketing.