During the last year, our life support systems, the air, water and land selflessly met and exceeded our every need for food, materials for shelter, flood prevention, climate regulation, opportunities for recreation, socio-economic growth and so much more. The continued ability of these systems to protect humanity and ensure an optimal quality of life is directly linked to the health of our ecosystems. This year, as we celebrate Earth Day 2014, we are reminded of the growing number of cities all over the world, and the tremendous environmental pressures associated with increased fossil fuel powered transportation. Importantly, the transportation sector represents one of the fastest growing sources of greenhouse gas emissions, the main culprit of global climate change. Vehicular discharges are also a major contributor to air quality problems, such as smog. Let’s make a little difference this year, and join the Team at Roberts Caribbean Limited as we take little, yet impactful steps to encourage green transportation and a healthier environment and city.
Take the ROBERTS CARIBBEAN GREEN TRANSPORTATION CHALLENGE –
Here’s how it works.
1. Each week starting on Earth Day, April 22 and ending on World Environment Day June 5, each participant will find at least one opportunity to give up driving his/her personal vehicle and use a more environmentally friendly, healthier option to get from place A to B. Great alternative options for green transportation include:
- Carpooling – Hitch a ride to work, or to the grocery with a friend, colleague or family member. It saves a whole lot of gas and money, and you will be able to enjoy the beauty around you while someone else is at the wheel.
- Walk instead of taking the car to complete an errand or meet a friend for lunch.
- Take the bus – Yes, I know, it’s a bit inconvenient, but it could be a whole lot of fun – Surprise, you might meet a long lost friend and have a great conversation. Innovate and share your own eco-transportation ideas.
2. Share with us each week your successes in meeting the GREEN TRANSPORTATION CHALLENGE – Contact us via facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roberts-Caribbean/334574046680935) or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing about your exciting green adventures. Send us your photos in action!!
Roberts Caribbean Limited is a real estate and environmental and development consulting company based in Grenada.